Thursday 31 May 2012

Travel Tips

I have just returned from traveling through the US, so I thought I would let you in on some of my travel tips :)

TRAVEL BAG ESSENTIALS
(Other than a bucket load of Cash, your travel money card your trusty Phone)

 TRAVEL DOCUMENT WALLET
This way all your itineraries, tickets and Passport are organized in one easy to locate place. Also make sure you bring your Passport everywhere with you because most places don’t accept any form of foreign ID other than your Passport. I have a red leather Kikki K one but I wish I found this pink one!
BIG SUNGLASSES

If you don’t feel like wearing make up all the time, Big Sunnies are the answer to covering your eyes and still looking Fab! I got these Versace sunnies last year and they are my favourite.

EARPLANE PLUGS (for severe flight ear pain sufferers like me lol)
When I fly my ears get so sore and blocked on the descent. I used to be person chewing gum whilst drinking water and manually pressurizing my ears all the same time. So if you are like me this brand “Earplane Plugs” work wonders!! I don’t fly without them now. Basically if you are on a flight that is less than 2 hours wear them as soon as the cabin door is closed before you take off. If it is a longer flight you pop can them in either when the plane is at highest altitude. You can also wear them for take off then take them out and pop them back in an hour before landing.
SPARE BATTERY FOR CAMERA
When I travel I take sooo many photos that the battery is drained just about everyday. Sometimes you can forget or not have time to recharge so it’s great to have a spare to use whilst you recharge the other.


BLACK OR BEIGE PASHMINA
Doubles up as a scarf or shawl to keep warm on the plane or if it gets a bit nippy outside.

BEAUTY ESSENTIALS
You are on the go so you need a little kit in your bag so that you can stay Fabulous any time of day or night.

1. SUVANA PAW PAW BALM $6
There is nothing worse than dry, cracked lips anytime any place and Suvana Paw Paw Balm is the perfect lip balm. It is one of my favourite products and you won’t see me without it. I used to use one that came in a red tube without realizing it actually had petroleum jelly in it due to sneaky wording on the packaging! Suvana is certified organic, 100% Australian Made and Owned and is Cruelty Free. Make sure you bring this with you because you can use it for most other ailments on your skin too.


2. MIESSENCE ROSE MIST $18.35
So you feel refreshed and it keeps your skin hydrated and dewy all day especially when you are in air conditioned environments. The Miessence Rose Monsoon Mist is only 30ml so it can go on the plan with you.

3. YSL TOUCH ECLAT CONCEALER $50
To cover dark circles from jet lag and late nights.

4. MINI BLUSH COMPACT WITH MIRROR $40
Just to add a bit of colour so you don’t look washed out then you can use the mirror for touch ups. Stila Convertible Color in Petunia is a creme blush that you can apply with your fingertips so no need to carry a blush brush. (I find that a flat foundation brush works best for blending if need be) this blush makes your cheeks look rosy and dewy. 



5. CHANTECAILLE FAUX CILS MASCARA $58
Instant eye opener and smells divine. 


KEEPING HEALTHY ON HOLIDAYS
Eating out and at restaurants is pretty much your only option when you are travelling.  So here are my tips to stay as relatively healthy as possible whilst still enjoying your meals
·      Try to have your largest meal at Breakfast or Lunch and the lightest at Dinner
·      Skip the bread/ the entrée
·      Choose Side Salad or Veges instead of Chips or deep fried sides (this one tends to be hard for me as my food weakness is crispy hot chips!!)
·      Opt for Wholemeal or flat bread instead of white bread if you can't refuse bread
·      Drink Water instead of soft drink, bottled juices or alcohol

As for exercise –I know from my recent experience you don’t often have the urge to hit the gym every morning. It was funny my partner and I were planning on going to the Gym at least every second day whilst we were on holiday- this didn’t go according to plan! We had leave early everyday to make sure we could see and do all the touristy things and ended up staying out late most nights as well to go to all the nightspots. So we made sure that we walked or jogged to places as much as we could. Morning Yoga in the hotel room then 'Briskly Walking Whilst Exploring' became our form exercise when travelling. 

I hope these tips are useful for you on your next Travelling Adventure 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment